Terms And Conditions
These are our terms and conditions. Please read them with care.
1. These conditions do not affect your statutory rights.
2. We offer Free standard delivery to most parts of the UK, however Deliveries to the Highlands, Southern Ireland, and Off shore addresses will incur a delivery surcharge. Please phone 020 8694 7402 for details.
3. You have a right to cancel your order within 7 working days of order or seven working days from receipt of goods. Full details of these rights can be found by clicking here.
4. If any goods are returned as 'Non Warranty issue' I.e. the Customer has simply changed his or her mind and decided to cancel the contract, Or the customer has not been available to facilitate delivery, and as a result the goods have been returned, The customer would then be responsible for the cost of, and safe return of the items and all original packaging to us. We can however at the customers request, arrange collection and re-delivery to us. Please phone the office for prices. Please note, it is not always possible to instantly intercept and withdraw a cancelled package from the dispatch department. In the event of an order cancellation which has subsequently been dispatched, Discount Bicycles will issue a full refund on return of the goods, however liability for the return of goods always (without any exception) remains with the customer even if the goods are postmarked as having been dispatched after the written cancellation request.
5. Your order for goods is subject to availability. If we are not able to supply the goods to you for any reason after 28 days, we will on request reimburse you for those goods.
6. Products are subject to continued improvement and change, this means that products received may not be exactly as ordered. This may include colour, style, design and parts
7. All sizes specified on our website are accurate to 2.4cm
8. Returns will be accepted if we are notified in writing within 7 working days of the date of receipt by you. All such goods must be returned in a unused condition complete with original packaging and all accessories. Goods which do not comply with this condition will not be accepted by us. Where goods are returned in accordance with this provision, we will reimburse any money already paid.
9. We must be advised of shortages within 3 working days of receipt of goods. We will not be able to accept claims for shortages after this period.
10. We regret that we cannot accept orders for, or make deliveries to addresses outside of the European Union. For delivery addresses within the United Kingdom, we will try to deliver the goods within the times stated in our Purchase Procedure, but time shall not be of the essence. If no times are specified as being guaranteed, delivery shall be within a reasonable time. i.e. 28 days from the point of order.
11. For delivery addresses within the European Union, delivery times will be double that stated for UK delivery times unless otherwise stated. If no times are specified as being guaranteed, delivery shall be within a reasonable time. i.e. 28 days from the point of order.
12. Should delivery be delayed for more than 28 days from the day of order, you have the right to cancel your order. In this case we will, on written request refund to you any money paid for the goods including any pre paid delivery charges. Furthermore, you will not be liable for any credit card transaction charges.
13. When our carriers deliver the goods, they will require you to sign for them. If neither you, nor your representative are able to receive the goods, our carrier will leave a card with you inviting you to phone them to re arrange a mutually convenient delivery date.
14. The price for the goods will be as stipulated on the website at the time when you place your order. If due to an error or omission, the price published for the goods on our website is wrong, we will inform you of the correct price and give you an opportunity to either cancel, or proceed with the order at the correct price.
15. Payment for goods must be made by you in accordance with our Purchase Procedure. All orders are credit checked prior to dispatch. We can accept no responsibility if any details you provide us with are incorrect or if any order is delayed as a result of incorrect details being submitted .
16. We cannot accept the return of non stocked items which have been ordered in specifically for the customer. This includes items such as specialist tricycles, custom built bicycle frames, and made to order bicycles
17. All prices on our website are in pounds sterling and are inclusive of V.A.T. at the current rate
18. Discount bicycles does not offer credit facilities. You will receive with your goods a receipt, this will also be your guarantee on the following terms: Should any of the goods display a manufactural fault let us know in writing or by email, and we will inform you of how and where to return your goods. We will agree to either replace or repair the item.
19. All items (excluding cables tires, light bulbs, batteries, and inner tubes) are guaranteed for 12 months for domestic use)
20. We cannot provide a guarantee in respect of any misuse, or any kind of off road activity, Please note that if any repairs are undertaken by non registered dealers, our guarantee will not apply. This guarantee is in addition to your statutory rights.
21. Delicate Natural Materials (Wicker) - Please note, the delicate nature of wicker is such that there may be breaks, tears ,creases and nicks in the material. As a result, we can not guarantee that any wicker item bought from Discount Bicycles will be free from breaks, tears, creases and nicks . We sell any wicker item on the understanding that breaks, tears, creases and nicks are part of the characteristics of this material, and so can not be classed as damage.
22. Delicate Natural Materials (Leather) - Please note, the delicate nature of leather is such that there may be scuffs, creases and nicks in the material. As a result, we can not guarantee that any leather item bought from Discount Bicycles will be free from scuffs, creases and nicks. We sell any leather item on the understanding that scuffs, creases and nicks are part of the characteristics of this material, and so can not be classed as damage.
23. We prefer orders to be made online by the customer to ensure the accuracy of information. If you insist, we can take your order manually over the phone. We can not however then take responsibility for the accuracy of any information given for example Post Codes, Addresses, Correct spelling of names etcetera. If an order has been placed manually by one of our operatives, it is vital that you double check the accuracy of the information via you email confirmation. If you have not received an email conformation within 48 hours of order please phone up urgently to check the details manually. Discount Bicycles accepts no liability whatsoever for delivery delays , or incorrect goods being dispatched resulting from incorrect order information being entered onto our system by our staff.
24a. Regrettably, our standard terms do not apply for the delivery of bicycles and tricycles to overseas destinations. Because of the longer travelling distance and increased instances of loading and unloading, the potential for transit damage is increased. For this reason we can not accept any liability whatever for transit damage associated with international orders.
24b. Please also note that bicycles which are dispatched to overseas locations can not be supplied in a fully assembled condition. These bicycles are supplied in a 90% built flat pack carton for assembly prior to use.
25. These terms and conditions are subject to change at any time without prior notice to you. Any such change shall not affect any contract subsisting between us at the time of such change.
We advise you to print and keep safe a copy of these Terms and Conditions